On sale June 17, 2014!
Baby’s First Book Blocks
By Dan Stiles
- Board book: 22 pages
- Publisher: POW!; Box Brdbk edition (June 17, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1576876845
- ISBN-13: 978-1576876848
Book Blocks are chunky little board books that are shaped like blocks, the perfect first books for babies! Featuring high-contrast colors, eye-catching shapes, and colorful patterns (incorporating the latest scientific research about vision development), these mini books are designed to entice infants to focus and develop their visual acuity.
Four little block-shaped mini books, each measuring 2-3/8 x 2-3/8 inches, comprise this adorable set:
Book 1: Black and White–simple but interesting shapes moving into more complex shapes and patterns
Book 2: Red, Blue, and Yellow–introduces primary colors and slightly more complex shapes, moving into real patterns with multiple colors
Book 3: Color and Pattern–secondary colors and more complex patterns
Book 4: Visual Excitement–subtle shades and complicated patterns
Simply sit with your baby a few minutes each day and turn the pages, encouraging baby to focus on each page. As your baby develops, you will be able to hand the book blocks back and forth, and soon your baby will be able to grasp the book blocks and explore for her or himself.
• The set of 4 books is presented in a slim box, 9-1/2 x 2-3/8 x 2, with an acetate window that reveals the book blocks inside.
• Studies show that during the first year of life, babies’ visual skills develop dramatically. While a month-old infant will prefer sharply defined, black and white edges and patterns, by 4 months of age, most babies can distinguish even subtle shades and respond to repeating patterns.
• These little books provide a great opportunity for parents and caregivers to interact with baby. Just a few minutes a day of looking at and tracking shapes and colors helps babies to develop good visual acuity.
• Designed by Dan Stiles, who is known for his appealing use of color and pattern, these bloox make a great toy that will continue to be fun to play with long after babies have learned to see as well as adults.
Box Set, 9.5 x 2 inches, 22 pages
ISBN: 978-1-57687-684-8, $14.95 US/CAN
From Baby’s First Book Blocks by Dan Stiles, published by POW!
Purchase your copy!