My Top 5 Magical creatures:
1. Mermaids--who didn’t pretend they were a mermaid as a kid flopping around in the local swimming pool or shivering on vacation at the lake? I stayed in the water until I was puckered like a prune and dreamed of being able to swim forever, weightless and sleek, exploring whatever magical mysteries surely must lie below. Now as an adult it’s even more fun to imagine that watery world with all sorts of wet and wonderful grown-up activities!
2. Fairies--what’s not to love? They fly, they sparkle, they glow in all different colors. And they have Fairy Dust! Fairies can make all your wishes come true in the most magical ways. It’s fun to imagine just what tantalizing things they might do with all of that glittering dust at their command.
3. Dragons–they’re Hot. Seriously sizzling, ragingly Hot. Huge, ancient, powerful, dangerous, and oh so beautiful to look at. Yeah, I love dragons. I’ll even admit to every now and then wondering what it would be like to have a dragon love me back…
4. Wood Spirits–is it possible these are real? I swear I’ve heard them, felt their allure as I’ve entered their realms. They live in wild areas, places where nature is allowed to run free and do what nature does best. Wood spirits can be vast like a forest, or tiny like the bits of moss that cling where life is just holding on. They thrive in their green, vibrant world by being unseen, yet felt all around, guiding our footsteps and manipulating our thoughts.
5. Shape-shifters–coolest supernatural power ever! I suppose it would be very handy to be a shifter who could look like anybody you wanted to, but usually shifters transform into some uber-cool real-life animal or even a fantastical creature. Being a shape-shifter would be super fun. Dating one of these guys would be even more fun because you’d have the best of both worlds: you’d have the hottest boyfriend ever AND you’d get to play with a really cute wolf puppy or snuggle with your own pet tiger.
HAVE FUN THIS SUMMER BUT KEPT SAFE!