MBA&M IS PROUD TO WELCOME…
First though,here is a little about Debbie Brown…
All her life, Debbie has spun stories in her mind, watching characters come to life, seemingly by themselves. After working as a nurse, teacher, martial arts instructor, artist, and CIC officer in the Canadian forces, not to mention her many hobbies, her life reads like a story itself. And yet, her favorite thing is still a cozy fire, a good book, and country living with her husband JP and her youngest of four children. After graduating from the Institute of Children’s Literature’s advanced writing course, she is finally devoting herself to writing these stories down, taking us all on a ride we won’t quickly forget.
NOW WITHOUT FURTHER ADO,
If you are thinking of putting together a blog tour, then there are several points to consider. If you are going to be hosted on a blog, and not necessarily as part of a tour, then you should have a brief discussion with the one hosting you.
Here are some suggestions for a successful book tour
1) It is not necessary to post ALL info about the book/author, but a picture of the book should be the minimum, with a blurb, teaser or excerpt to inform blog readers about it. (Post the links to where an interested reader can find more info).
-having the blog host read and review is important. If is not your genre, either respectfully decline or be objective. We are here to promote the book/author.
-posting the review before or after hosting the book will create curiosity and add visibility.
-If you are hosting, you probably should have read the book BEFORE you blog about it.
3) Vary blogs;
-By respecting a ratio of 1:1 or 1:2 (blogs with higher number of followers vs newer blogs with fewer followers) not only gets the book out there but also helps the newer or lesser known blogs gain some visibility.
4) Book Genre compatibility with blog genre…I write primarily YA, so hosting erotica or horror is not for me, my followers or my site.
5) Have the blog of the day post a link to the next blog on the tour to allow readers to follow the book through the whole tour.
6) BEFORE the blog tour starts, schedule a 15-30 min open chat or exchange where all participants can ask/answer questions, (even a feed on Goodreads or other, just so everyone can discuss ideas and be on the same page).
7) Be creative, check out other blogs that have hosted and remember to have fun. I was surprised when I saw this interview posted. I was the one to answer the questions, but the way she worded them on her blog was as though we were chatting. It was a nice change from the copy-and-paste I had expected. Take a look: http://xxdaydreamer21xx.blogspot.com/2012/03/amethyst-eyes-by-debbie-brown-author.html
8) On the tour date, DO NOT post anything else but the book you are hosting, do not overshadow the post. It defeats the purpose of promoting someone if you can’t easily find them.
9) If you do not like the book, discuss with the moderator. You might like to withdraw and be part of another tour. You do not have to like the book, but the idea of giving bad publicity is not the purpose of the tour.
10) If the book is filled with mistakes or is an all around ‘bad book’, (it happens) by having read it in advance, the moderator and author can be contacted, the book could be declined for the book tour. Just as the integrity of the author is to be respected, so is that of the blog site.
Thank you, Debbie,for your insightful and useful information on blogging!
As an ER nurse, Emma knows life can change in the blink of an eye. When fate comes knocking, she finds herself far away from the city and back on the mountain ranch where she grew up -with the intention to close up and sell the house so she can move on.
But fate isn’t done with her yet, and that’s when she finds him, the one Two-Feathers calls ‘Star Brother’. Wounded and unconscious, Emma assumes he’s a military test pilot, until he opens his amethyst eyes and stares into the very essence of her being.
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Mythos Press (March 20, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0615787096
- ISBN-13: 978-0615787091
Available at Amazon:
BLOG TOUR NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE: