IT IS OUR PLEASURE TO WELCOME, BARBARA KYLE TO MY BOOK ADDICTION AND MORE TODAY!!
I learned a lot in writing Entrapped. The novel is set in northern Alberta, Canada. I spent some time there, driving around the countryside,talking to farmers and ranchers and rig hands, and the first thing I learned is
that it’s a stunning part of the world, really breathtaking in its natural beauty. The Rocky Mountains, the rivers, the boreal forest, the endless fertile plains.
However, Alberta is super-rich in oil and gas deposits, and the second thing I learned is that there’s a war going on between Big Oil and landowners. In Alberta, landowners cannot prevent oil and gas producers from putting rigs on their land. The producers pay for the right, and pay well, and many farmers are happy to take the money. But many are not, they want no part in oil and gas production, yet by law they can’t stop the producers.
The third thing I learned is that in Alberta a landowner owns only the six inches of topsoil. They can build homes and run livestock and grow crops and that profit is all theirs. But beneath that topsoil the province owns the land and sells the mineral rights to producers.
Finally, I learned a chilling new word: “overburden.” That’s what oil and gas producers call the trees, grass, ponds, wildlife etc. on the land – everything they scrape away to get at the oil and gas. The living things are just a nuisance, and their removal is just another expense for the corporation in getting to the “pay dirt.”
I guess that’s four things I learned. And since I’ve already gone over the limit, let me add one more. I learned that although people, whether in Alberta or anywhere, may feel powerless against the might of
corporations and their bought political enablers, when people take a vocal
stand against corporate environmental abuses, things can change.
Find and follow Barbara Kyle:
Buy the eBook at:
Entrapped by Barbara Kyle – NURTURE Book Tour Schedule:
- November 1st – Jaidis S. @ Juniper Grove
- November 2nd – Lena Sl. @ Lena Sledge’s Blog…Books, Reviews and Interviews
- November 3rd – Laurie J. @ Laurie’s Thoughts and Reviews – Interviews
- November 4th – Aubrie Di. @ Flutey Words
- November 7th – Coreena M. @ Books & Other Creative Adventures
- November 8th – Bobbie @ NURTURE Virtual BOOK Tourz™ Blog
- November 9th – Evangeline H. @ Sugarpeach
- November 11th – Jasmyn No. @ Jasmyn’s Reviews
- November 14th – Mindy Br. @ The Journey and Musings of a Single Country Gal and her cat!
- November 15th – Jaidis S. @ Juniper Grove
- November 16th – April R. & Wendy @ My Book Addiction and More
- November 17th – Krystal L. @ Live To Read
- November 18th – Heather Ay. @ Not Everyone’s Mama
- November 21st – Stephanie Ba. @ Mother Of Insanity: Are we crazy yet?
- November 23rd – Mason C. @ Thoughts in Progress
- November 24th – Bobbie @ NURTURE Virtual BOOK Tourz™ Blog
- November 25th – Lindsay H @ Everyday Is An Adventure
- November 29th – Natalie Hi. @ Purple Jelly Bean Chair Reviews
- November 29th – Lindsay H @ Everyday Is An Adventure
- November 30th – Laurie J. @ Laurie’s Thoughts and Reviews
Thank you,Barbara, for taking the time out of your business schedule to visit with us today….
List of works by Barbara Kyle:
BEYOND RECALL (pen-name ‘Stephen Kyle’) 2000, Warner Books
THE EXPERIMENT (pen-name ‘Stephen Kyle’) 2003, Warner Books
AFTER SHOCK (pen-name ‘Stephen Kyle’) 2002, Warner Books
THE QUEEN’S LADY 2008, Kensington Books
THE KING’S DAUGHTER 2009, Kensington Books
THE QUEEN’S CAPTIVE 2010, Kensington Books
THE QUEEN’S GAMBLE 2011, Kensington Books
“A novel of high stakes: life and death, love, and oil.”
Set in Alberta, Canada, Entrapped is the story of Liv Gardner, an ambitious young oil executive intent on stopping farmer Tom Wainwright who is sabotaging her rigs after a spill of lethal “sour” gas poisoned his wife. Desperate to save the company she built, Liv plants evidence to frame Tom. But when the evidence is used to indict him for a murder he didn’t commit, only Liv can save him.
Author: Barbara Kyle
Genre: Fiction – Thriller/Suspense
Published by: Barbara Kyle (June 15, 2011)
Age Recommendation: 18+ For Mild Sexuality
Thanks to Nurture Virtual Tourz and the author we are offering 1 e-book copy of “ENTRAPPED” by Barbara Kyle to 1 lucky commenter. Open globally. Giveaway open from today November 16 until November 23,2011. **Please remember to leave your email address.We WILL NOT SHARE your email address. We use the address to contact the winner and such**
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
***Please visit My Book Addiction Reviews for our review of “Entrapped” by Barbara Kyle in a few days***
Thanks for visiting with us today,please come again soon…..